Searching for a hypnotherapist can be a daunting task, with so many to choose from on the internet, how do you decide who is going to be right for you?
Ultimately it will come down to who you like the look of and you may well end up going with your ‘gut instinct’, however the following pointers will help guide you in the right direction.
- Professional Membership of a recognised association or society
- Hypnotherapy Qualifications
- Member of an Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR) scheme
In order to be accredited, organisations that hold voluntary registers must prove that they meet the PSA’s demanding standards. This means the public can now choose to use people who are on a register that has been independently assessed and approved. This provides assurance that the registers are well run and that they require their registrants to meet high standards of personal behaviour, technical competence and, where relevant, business practice. (Look out for this AVR logo)
- Evidence of Professional Insurance
- Do they offer a niche or specific area of expertise?
- Do they mention ‘stage hypnosis’ or hypnosis for entertainment purposes?
- Look for testimonials